Thursday, January 3, 2019

Swimming at the Rec Center

Mikayla had a doctor's appointment this morning that was going to take a couple of hours, school is still out, we were going to be many small people at our house, so I decided to take us all swimming.  And while it seemed like my two children and Mikayla's three children would be enough children to take, Brandt and Blythe both asked if they could bring friends.  So I took Paul Moreland and Addie Lepinski, too.  Why not? A foodhardy choice, perhaps, but I'm a brave woman and was confident the big kids would help somewhat with the little kids. 

They did, and I'm happy to report, no one drowned.  Brick got into the lazy river as soon as we got there, and I wasn't with him as I was getting Cora and Kal squared away, he didn't have a floatie on, and I was a bit worried that he was in the water "swimming" on his own.  But he kept bobbing up and down and kicking to keep himself up, so he was alright until I got in with Kal and Cora and could hold him up, too.  I took the waterproof camera and snapped some pictures.  I left it on the pool deck while was swimming with the kids, and Kal paddled over to get it.  He managed to get it turned on and into video mode and took a five minute video of the bottom of the pool, people's legs, and occasionally glimpses of his own head, thus running down the battery and taking up lots of storage.

We swam until our lips were blue and everyone had pruny fingers, then climbed out kicking and screaming.  It was so fun and just a little big dangerous, and I'm glad we all lived to tell about it.

There weren't very many swimmers when we first arrived.
We practically had the pool all to ourselves.
















Cora is sort of having a pout here by the window.
I was worried she was getting really cold as she was not responding to my 
repeated invitation for her to get back in the pool.




No comments:

Post a Comment