Wednesday, January 16, 2019

5th Grade Maturation


Today was 5th grade maturation.  I couldn't convince Blythe to let me take a picture of her, or us, or pretty much anything at all.  She was not at all thrilled with the idea of having to sit through an hour long lecture about S-E-X, but I assured her we weren't going to be talking about that.  She was greatly relieved.  We did talk about boobs and the nurse said "vagina," neither of which made her very comfortable, but we've discussed pretty much everything the presentation covered, so it wasn't new.  I suppose it is just mortifying to have to sit through it with other people, some of whom are grown ups, and one of whom was a dad!  When all was said and done, I asked Blythe if she had any questions.  She looked at me aghast, emphatically said, "NO!" and fled the room, taking her sack of deordorant, soap, and feminine product with her.  Oh, the horror! The horror!

No comments:

Post a Comment