Friday, January 11, 2019

Double Date

One of our ministering brothers is the darling Kelson Jensen.  He's a senior at Timpview and plays basketball.  He is fairly quiet when he comes to see us, but I try hard to draw him into our conversation, ask him questions, and force him to participate.  I get that being with a group of adults talking about boring stuff is not a good time, so I try to make it bearable for him.  A couple of months ago, I had him play a game with the children while Kent and I talked to Dan Passmore, our other ministering brother. 

The basketball season has officially begun, and I thought it would be great for us to go watch Kelson play.  We would be supporting our ministering brother, and it would be a wholesome recreational activity.  Blythe refused to go.  She was intractable.  Firm and unmovable, like a really stubborn mountain.  Rather than fight her, I said I would take Brandt who asked if he could bring Paul.  Sure, why not?  So I went to the basketball game with Brandt and Paul and left Kent and Blythe home to watch TV. 

I went to Provo High.  Timpview was our cross-town rival.  I have a really hard time cheering for Timpview.  What will I do when my very own children attend school there?  While I have a hard time yelling "Go Timpview!" I don't have a hard time yelling, "Yay Kelson!" so that's what I did.  Kelson played practically the whole game, he scored lots of points, and it was fun to watch him.  Sadly, in spite of being ahead for most of the game, they lost it in the fourth quarter and couldn't pull out the win.  But Brandt and Paul and I had a great time watching and cheering.

Kelson is number 12.
Nice we got him in the picture, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment