Saturday, January 12, 2019

Happy Anniversary!

Twenty-four years.  That's how long Kent and I have been married.  Twenty-four!  Every year when our anniversary rolls around, I'm amazed we've made it another year.  That makes it sound like we don't like each other.  I should rephrase.  I guess I'm amazed that we are still happy and willing to keep on keeping on with each other.  Really though, I still really like Kent.  I like being with him.  I like parenting with him.  I like sharing and laughing with him.  He is the calm to my storm, the peace to my drama.  He is really, really good to me and good for me.  I'll occasionally ask him if he's still happy about his choice to marry me, and he always says yes.

This year, Blythe wanted to know all about our courtship, engagement, and marriage.  She wanted all the details and was appauled to learn that Kent didn't bend down on one knee to ask me to marry him, that he didn't even say, "Will you marry me," that he didn't have a ring, and that it all happened over the phone.  He broke all sorts of "laws" associated with asking someone to be your wife.  She wanted to see my dress, wanted to read my journals, wanted to know all about the whole dating/being apart/becoming engaged episode.  It was fun to remember it all again.

To celebrate, Kent and I left the children at home and went to dinner at Bombay House.  We both love Indian food, but the children don't.  It was quite pleasant to walk out the door and leave them alone, knowing they should be just fine, and enjoy a delicious meal and charming conversation with each other.  I say, here's to another 24 years! 


On an unrelated yet similar note, today is also Brandt's eternal day, the day he was sealed to us.  We deliberately chose the 12th of January to have him sealed, because it was the day of the beginning of our eternal family, and it seemed appropriate to make him a part of that on the very day.  We remarked on that, and did nothing else to celebrate.  Aren't we boring?  He didn't seem to care in the least.


No comments:

Post a Comment