Sunday, September 15, 2019

Mission Reunion


I had a wonderful reunion with a former mission companion.  Kelly Kennedy was in Utah from Canada, traveling with a couple of friends.  They took a half hour detour and came to see me.  I'm so glad they did!  I really enjoyed serving with Kelly, and it's been really a long time since we've been in the same place at the same time.  We served in Annemasse, France, a suburb of Geneva, near the end of my mission, in what feels like a lifetime ago.  It's so nice to know that people you loved and cared about once upon a time are still people you love and care about, and that those relationships are still strong.  I'm certain, too, that we don't look much older than we did when we were serving together.  It's at this point that I should go downstairs and pull out of a picture of the two of us from our mission time together, but it would require me climbing under the house and rooting around through boxes, so I won't.  But here's to mission reunions!

No comments:

Post a Comment