Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Mia Sorella e Biscotti

This evening, about 9:30pm, there was a knock at the door.  This is an unusual time for anybody to knock at our door, but I got a very tasty surprise when I answered.  It was the Chip Cookie delivery guy, bearing a box of warm cookies from my sister.  That Mikayla!  She certainly knows the way to a girl's heart, as if she didn't already have mine.  They looked so good, Kent and I dove right in. Only after we'd indulged did I think to take a picture.

I love my sister.  Mikayla is thoughtful and kind and always wants to do good things.  Although years apart in age, we are best friends.  I know I can come to her with a frustration or concern, and she will look for ways to help me, even if there is little she can do.  She's a good mom and wife and a fine person.  I think she is terrific.

And for the record, she didn't pay me to say any of that, and I would have said all of it, even before the cookies arrived.



No comments:

Post a Comment