Monday, February 4, 2019

Principal Hansen's 200 Club

Blythe's principal, Mr. Hansen, has a 200 Club.  If you are good, your teacher will give you a ticket to take to the office where you pick a number, put your name on a Post-It note, and then put it on a poster.  Sometime, Mr. Hansen will pick your number off the poster and you get to participate in some activity. 

Today, Blythe was chosen to participate.  Here she is (in pink) in a circle of students passing around a stuffed road runner (school mascot; not taxidermied road runner, but plush animal).  They were passing the road runner to each other, beginning with one and then working up to four.

When I asked Blythe about this activity and to tell me what was happening, she replied, "It was boring," in a tone of voice that likewise said, "I'm totally over this conversation before it has even begun."  Her teenage attitude is in evidence far too often for my liking; she is only ten, afterall.  I didn't take the picture, but pilfered it off of the school's Instagram account, so I can't really say how fun or not fun it was.  She did get out of class, so that's something.

I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment