Friday, February 8, 2019

Aunt Paola

First thing this morning, Kent and I went to the temple.  We did an endowment session, and I did the work for my four greats aunt, Paola Orgalina Segale.  She was born in 1849 in Lorsica, Italy.  Often when I am in the temple, especially when I'm doing an endowment session, I have a very hard time staying awake.  It's dark, it's warm, I've always not had enough sleep.  Today, however, I was very alert through the whole session.  When I got to the veil, I was absolutely overcome by the spirit.  I could hardly get through the last part, I was crying so much.  The receiver gave my hand a squeeze, and as I passed through the veil, he spontaneously embraced me.  He was apparently feeling the spirit too.  I am certain Paola was there with me, that she was very happy, and that she was readily accepting the work I was doing.  I just kept weeping in the Celestial Room and had to really work to pull myself together.  It was wonderfully sweet to have confirmation that the work we are doing in the temple is valuable and has eternal consequences not just for us, but for those we are acting on behalf of.  I felt very much like a savior on Mount Zion.


No comments:

Post a Comment