Friday, February 1, 2019

Mother Daughter Date

Blythe and I had a fun date night.  Cousin Michelle was having a tiny art show in downtown Provo this evening, and I wanted to go support her.  Blythe likes Michelle and she likes making art, and I was hoping she would like to be with me, so I invited her to join me.  She agreed, and we went downtown. 

The art show was in a coffee shop and was very crowded.  We were able to see and talk to Michelle, and see her tiny works of art--little vases a friend had thrown and she had painted.  They were delightful little things, very pretty, and we bought one for our very own.  Michelle had brought Mina with her, and Mina was not super happy about having to stand around in a big crowd of people.  I offered to take her out for a walk around the block, and Michelle gladly accepted. 

Mina wasn't thrilled with the idea of going with me, a virtual stranger.  Why would her mother just hand her over to someone she doesn't know?  She cried for the length of a block, even though I assured her how nice Blythe and I were, and how much we liked her.  We went around the block, then up the next block and happened upon the pet store.  What a marvelous stroke of good fortune!  Mina likes animals and the pet store was very distracting.  We looked at lizards and snakes, birds and fish, mice and a very pregnant guinea pig.  It was just what Mina needed to take her mind off the fact that she was with us.  Blythe most like tiny teal fish and asked if we could get 17 or 18 of our very own.  Sadly, that was a no.  We walked under lights on Center Street, and when we got back to the coffee shop, there was Brandon, ready to take Mina who was so pleased to see her father.  We need to see those Bulloughs more frequently.

Any good date involves something good to eat, and when Blythe asked if we could get a treat before going home, I readily agreed.  We stopped at JCW's for a milkshake and fries.  We talked about school and friends and the wax museum while munching, then took home a shake for Kent and Brandt because we like them and are really nice people.  It was fun to be with my girl, just the two of us.  We need to do that more frequently, too.

A tiny Mina with tiny art.


Mugging for the camera



No comments:

Post a Comment