Sunday, June 10, 2018

Temple Square Tour

Last week, Anna Leesa texted and asked if we would be interested in joining her and some of her kids for a tour of Temple Square.  Neither of our children have spent much time on Temple Square and we've certainly not had a tour, and it was a chance to be with cousins we don't see often.  So we went up and joined them today.  One of John's mission companions and his wife are serving a mission, and they were our tour guides.  He speaks French, as he and John and I all served in the Switzerland, Geneva Mission, so we parlé-d en français which was fun for both of us.

I've been to Temple Square many times, but being with family, especially the kids, and thinking about John made this time extra special. We went into the Assembly Hall and the Tabernacle, and then we went into the North Visitors Center where the Christus is. It's been years (if ever) since Blythe was there, and she was very moved. We sat and looked at the statue, and Blythe said, "I wish we could live here." When I asked why, she said, "I just feel so good. It's just all peace."

I agreed with her and bore my testimony that the peace she felt was the Spirit, and that I felt it, too. I told her that I know Christ stands with open arms, inviting us to come to Him, to accept his atonement, and enjoy the peace that comes from obedience. I cried. She might have, too. It was great to be there.



After our tour, we all gathered at Katie and Drew's house for dinner.  We brought chocolate cake which didn't come smoothly out of my new bundt pan so was missing part of the top, but which still tasted delicious.  Emily took a moment to read The Book With No Pictures which has no pictures but which makes the reader say things like Blork and Bluurf and "I am a monkey who taught myself to read," and "My head is made of blueberry pizza."  We all laughed and laughed and laughed, especially Emily who sounded very silly as she read.  It was such a delight to be together, to see Anna Leesa and Brianne who we don't see often enough, and to let the kids be with cousins.  Hooray for family!




No comments:

Post a Comment