Saturday, June 2, 2018

Little Red Riding Hood

It was Little Red this weekend.  I can't say enough how much I love doing this bike ride.  Cache Valley is so beautiful at the beginning of June, all green and lush, the ride is so well supported, and I always have a marvelous time biking with friends.  I worry every year that I'm not going to be able to ride the whole distance, that my body won't do what I want it to do, and every year I finish strong.  This year was so exception.  For the first 50 of the 70 miles we rode, we averaged about 19mph, we passed way more people than passed us, and we finished in good time without crashing.  After last year's debacle two miles from the finish that left Jessica badly bruised and Janie with a broken elbow, we were careful to share everything we were doing, when we were peeling off, when we were standing for a soft tissue break, when we were coughing (tee hee).  It was just fantastic from beginning to end.  Here's to many more years at Little Red!!

Stephanie Magleby, Janie Rasmussen, me, Jen Hodnett, Jessica Johnson, and Erica whose last name I don't know because I only just met her.  She's a friend of Jessica's who rode with us for the first 25 miles and then left us.

I think I'm the first shadow at the front of this line of bikers.
This pull we were moving along at 22mph.
I felt strong and fast!

At the end, lime squeeze in hand, celebrating our most excellent ride.
Here's to biking and friends and feeling fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment