Friday, June 22, 2018

Poolside Restaurant

This afternoon, Blythe and I went over to my mom's house to swim.  We ended up being the only ones swimming with Mom, which was nice.  Blythe got out all the little play in the pool or sand toys--buckets, cups, torpedoes, rings, and sand molds--lined them up poolside, and then announced to me and Mom, "The restaurant is now open!"


Mom and I began ordering food.  I asked for sweet potato fries with barbecue fry sauce, and was given small torpedoes in a small bucket.  Mom ordered pancakes and bacon and was given rings and torpedoes.  Mom got a rootbeer freeze and I got a raspberry milkshake, both in purple cups.  Blythe was both efficient and quick in her food production.  She had no problem at all until I asked for lobster thermidor.  She said, "I don't know how to make lobster thermidor."

"Does it really matter?" I asked.  "You're making pretend food that we're pretending to eat, so why don't you just pretend to make lobster thermidor and I'll pretend to eat that, too?"

"No," she said.  "I don't have any lobster.  But how about crab thermidor?" and she held up the crab.

Blythe is a delightfully silly girl.





No comments:

Post a Comment