Friday, January 8, 2016

Field Trip Friday #51--Snorkeling

In anticipation of a trip to Hawaii, I bought the kids snorkeling equipment for Christmas.  We are going to see Brent and Brenda and Grandpa George in Hawaii over spring break, and snorkeling is on the list of things to do.  The first time I did snorkeling, I initially sort of freaked out.  It was weird to have my nose plugged and have to breath out my mouth through a tube.  I wanted to give the kids the opportunity to practice before we actually got to Hawaii and into the ocean, so today, we went to the rec center to swim and snorkel.

I needn't have worried about the kids.  Both of them did really well.  Blythe put on the face mask, practiced blowing a couple of times through the snorkel with her face out of the water, then swam the entire length of the pool without stopping, using the snorkel and fins and the whole way.  Brandt, not wanting to be shown up by his little sister, raced her back to me.  I suppose, in the ocean, in deeper water, with a current, they may have a harder time, but so far, there is nothing to indicate it won't be easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I need to buy plane tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment