Friday, March 20, 2015

The Secret Garden

The characters Lily Craven (in white), Mary Lennox, Archibald Craven, 
and Colin Craven (in the wheelchair)

It was a day of performances.  After field trip Friday to the movie, we all went to a play together this evening at the Scera, The Secret Garden.  It was well done for a local performing group.  Most of the cast members were young, but they sang well, the set was fun, and we were able to understand what everyone was saying.  Blythe sat next to me and had lots of questions about the action, but only because she really wanted to follow what was going on.  At intermission, Blythe turned to me with a distressed look on her face and said, "Is that it? Is it over?"  She was pleased we got another half.  It did finish very late (we didn't get home until 10), and both the kids were having a hard time staying awake the last half hour or so, but we all liked it.  As a bonus, we also got to see Mrs. Bigelow, the kids kindergarten teacher, whose son is in the show.

I didn't bring the actual camera with us, but I wanted a family shot in front of a greenery covered door as evidence we had been there, but as you can see, the picture didn't turn out very well.  I suppose I could blame the guy who took our picture, but I kind of think it's the phone's camera.  Grr.


On Monday in school, Blythe wrote about our outing to the play in her weekend news.  Here is what she wrote as well as the accompanying picture of us sitting in the theater.  It is a truly fine report.

The text says, "I went to the 
play mere mere qit (Mary Mary quite)
 cturere how dus (contrary)
 your grdin grow. It
 stop. I said is it"

"all dun. My mom and
 dad excoland (explained) that we
 were haveing a pos (pause) 
in the medol uv (middle of)
the play mere mere (Mary Mary)
qit cturere how dus (quite contrary)
your grdin grow. I
got a dringc and a bostr. (drink and booster)
I sow Miss Biglo.
That was what I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment