Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Springing Outdoors

It was another beautiful day and we all wanted to be outside.  The kids got home from school and played and played outside, and Brick and I joined them.  Brandt and Blythe were riding bikes, and I was riding Brandt's Razor scooter around with Brick balanced in front of me.  When Guy arrived, Brick wanted to jump on the trampoline with him, so they climbed up and were joined by Brandt, Blythe, and Sam Oyler.  Guy tried to make the kids fall over by double bouncing them, and they were all squealing with delight.

I kept riding the scooter until the back wheel stuck in a large crack in the asphalt and I took a rather dramatic tumble.  As the wheel caught, the scooter came to an abrupt stop, but I carried on, over the handlebars, rolling onto the road and hitting my head.  Fortunately I was wearing my helmet (to set a good example for the children and show them that even I, an adult, will wear protective headgear when engaging in possible injury producing activities), because after I hit the ground and quit rolling, my head clunked down.  I am confident it would have really hurt if I hadn't been wearing the helmet because all the other parts of my body that did come in contact with the road hurt.  I scraped my right palm and elbow, bruised my left hip and right knee and calf.  I lay in the road sort of moaning to myself, and then Guy kindly came and helped me get up.  Apparently, I'm not as young as I think I am, and perhaps I should leave the scooting to the kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment