Friday, March 20, 2015

Field Trip Friday #27--Cinderella


I have been eagerly awaiting the live action version of Cinderella that opened last week, so today, for field trip Friday, we went to the movie.  Both kids were excited, even Brandt.  I thought it was a fun movie--visually stunning, and with a good message.  I love that Cinderella tried to "have courage and be kind."  Wonderful advice for anyone.  Although the picture doesn't make it look like Brandt liked it, he really did.

As we watched the movie, Blythe was very disturbed by the step-mother and step-sisters' behavior towards and treatment of Cinderella.  When her father died and they began making Cinderella do all the work and be the servant, Blythe turned to me and whispered, "Mom, if Dad and Brandt die, will you make me do all the work around the house and be your servant?"  I assured her I wouldn't do that because I love her and she is my best girl.

Later, when the step-mother locks Cinderella in her room, Blythe turned to me again and said, "Mom, would you ever lock me in my room and not let me come out."  I said no, but reflecting on that answer, I realize I may have lied.  There might come a time when I will lock Blythe in her bedroom, for her own good of course.  But don't her I told you that.  And upon further reflection, I wonder if I should be offended that my daughter thinks I would ever make her my servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment