Thursday, March 5, 2015

Cross Country Skiing

This morning I joined Janie Rasmussen for a bit of skiing.  We got some rain yesterday which meant snow in the mountains, and after a paucity of precipitation, we were positively thrilled.  I went skiing once last year and quite liked it, and I am always happy to be with Janie, so the idea of combining the two things was appealing.

It was absolutely beautiful at Sundance.  The sun was out, it wasn't too cold, and there was hardly anyone else there, so it felt like we had the mountain to ourselves.  We skied, I was able to do it again this year with a few reminder pointers from Janie, and we talked and talked and soaked in the gloriousness of the day.  I've decided I could become a Nordic skier with very little persuasion on anyone's part.  And I'm happy to report, I must be in pretty good shape because I wasn't sore at all the rest of the day.

As we were driving up, between the separate Sundance areas,
we saw a flock of wild turkeys.
I think there were about six.
Their feathers were beautiful.
So cool!
I really, really wanted to see a moose while skiing, but the turkeys are the only wildlife we saw.


 
That's Stewart Falls through the trees.
Can you tell?

These are not brilliant pictures of either me or Janie.
We are not looking our very best.
But we're skiing, so we don't have to look stunning.
It was obviously very bright.
Very bright and very beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment