Thursday, October 14, 2010

An Injury

It has been lovely this week.  The sun has been out and it hasn't even been too cold.  We have been outside a lot.  Brandt has been riding his bike and his trike, and Blythe has been making progress on her trike.  The other day she wanted to ride down the driveway.  Our driveway is very steep, so I was holding onto the trike handle so she wouldn't biff it.

Holding on made her mad.  She did not want me touching the trike.  She kept yelling at me, "I do it!"  I didn't want her to fall, but she was angry with me.  So, I let her do it, all by herself, although I started her part-way down so she wasn't careening out of control for too far.

Careen she did, however.  She hit the slight dip of the gutter, flipped off, and caught herself with her face.  She cried and cried and I felt sorry for her.  I hope she realizes that I was trying to prevent just that sort of accident, but as she is only two, she probably doesn't.

This isn't a very clear shot, but you can see the scrape on her cheek.  


No comments:

Post a Comment