Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ice Skating

Too late I have realized that I probably should have started our alphabet focus a week later so that this week of Halloween could have been H week.  Oh well.  I week this week.  We had some left-over dry ice from the Primary party and I had hoped to make ice bombs (for our "craft"), but it melted or dissolved or evaporated or whatever it does.  Too bad.  I need to find some other "I" thing for our craft.

For our activity, we went ice skating.  Grandma Dawn joined us and I was very grateful.  I couldn't have skated with two children all by myself.  The rink has walkers available to help children skate, and as a result, Brandt was very keen on getting on the ice.  He did quite well.  He zoomed around, got right back up after he fell, and even skated with me without the walker.  Blythe also did pretty well.  She was reluctant to skate with a walker, but she was willing to skate with Grandma Dawn and me, though me less.  I was happy we had a new experience and that the children were game to try.

  
Brandt was very nearly fearless with the walker.

  
Blythe being a bit more tentative,
and skating with Grandma Dawn.

 
Skating with the darlings.
Blythe doesn't look all that happy.

I love these little feet in ice skates.

My bigger feet with little feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment