Monday, December 30, 2019

Reenactment

I've been looking for something to read to Brandt. We quite like The Princess Bride movie and I loved the book when I read it, so I picked up a copy at the library. At the beginning of both the book and the movie, a sick kid is being read the book by his father/grandfather. This week, Brandt hasn't felt well, so he's been lying around watching a lot of TV.

In a reenactment of the text and movie, I told Brandt I would read to him. He's been snuggled up next to me as I've read the exciting tale of romance, adventure, sword fighting, a fire swamp, ROUS, perfect kisses, revenge, and true love.  The Princess Bride is the best.  Brandt has been reading ahead when I've had other things I've needed to do. I hope he feels better soon and I hope he continues to allow me to read aloud to him.


No comments:

Post a Comment