Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas Day

We're out of focus.

We had a lovely Christmas day.  The children let us sleep until 7:00am, which I know was hard for them, but nice for us.  They were impatient with excitement.  I can't blame them.  I remember what it was like when I was their age.  Although money has been tight, we were able to get the kids both MP3 players, an item they have both been requesting for months.  





I made crepes for breakfast, figured out how to download songs to the MP3 players, and let the kids have at the downloading.  We lounged around a bit, then headed over to Grandma Sue's house to be with family, play games, and eat a lot of food.  It was fun to be together, again, and laugh and play (and scream).  It was so great to have Bryan and his kids again.  All the cousins had a marvelous time together, and I was so happy that Donovan, Vica, Mila, and Nico were able to enjoy good fun with their cousins.  We have missed them.  While the children ran around (literally), the adults played cards and talked and connected.  We always miss Grandpa De, on Christmas especially, but feel so blessed to live near enough to each other that we can be together regularly.  It was a happy Christmas!

While I didn't take any pictures at my mom's house, Kal did, on my phone.  I discovered 44 photos taken at Kal's eye level of all sorts of things--the floor, doors, feet, other small children.  Almost none of them are in focus.  But just for silliness, I'll include those that are actually are in focus.



While not exactly in focus, I love Kal's little feet in the bottom of this shot.



Neither of these are in focus, but I love that Kal thought to take pictures of people.
Nico is clearly engaged in a bit of mischief!




No comments:

Post a Comment