Saturday, December 7, 2019

A List of Resons

This evening, Blythe asked if she could work on her book.  I was in the middle of job application stuff, plus needing to do some other things that had been put off for a long time, and I told her no.  She said, "I could use the laptop."  Again I said no, she began to argue, and getting just a bit irritated, I sent her away.

A short time later, she handed Kent a piece of paper then went back to her room.  At the top of the paper was a title that read, "resons I should be able to type for 30 min."  This list is a clear indication that Blythe is Kent's daughter.  Just like Kent, she believes strongly in the power of the word, she is argumentative (Kent relates that he argued with everyone as a young person), she is smart, and she is convinced that she is right.  Here is her list of "resons" with spelling unchanged by me. 

1 - its half an hour
2 - I'll be good
3 - I'll read 10 verses first (This is her daily scripture reading which she usually does just before she goes to sleep.)
4 - I'll empty the whole dishwasher
5 - I will not be squrily
6 - Most of the time yesterday was my book. (Blythe was home from school yesterday, and she spent many hours on the laptop.)
7 - I have NO books (Blythe, as a rapid reader, goes through all the library books very quickly, and she is convinced she has nothing left to read anywhere in the house.)
8 - I'm at a super exsiding part
9 - I will not bother mom or you
10 - you love me
11 - I cleaned my room without asking
12 - I'm sorry
13 - I at chilli (never again)  (That parenthesis was Blythe's, not mine.  A neighbor brought us dinner, chili, and Blythe didn't love it.)
14 - I'll eat my cimomon roll tomorrow

This was quite the list.  Convincing arguments for sure.  But she wasn't done.  Oh no! There was a small (over) at the bottom of the page.  Kent hadn't realized there was a second side.

15 - you love me (Same as number ten, but true.)
16 - Brandt gets to play w/ Paul and its 6:30 (Brandt went down to Paul's house to watch a movie, and Blythe didn't have anyone to be with.)
17 - Please!!
18 - I've been thinking what I can write
19 - I'm SO bored
20 - If I can't type I want to make emma an x-mas present and I need to print something off after I do it
19 - I'll help make dinner tomorrow
20 - I'll get off right away
21 - Please?? *que pout and wavering music* (This kid cracks me up!)
22 - I love you -❤-

How could we possibly refuse our bright budding writer?  We couldn't.  She sat in the office chair with a card table in front of her, typing furiously away.  And Kent went away, pleaded as Punch that his daughter is just like him.  I would like to be able to get Blythe into law school so that she can put her somewhat combative and disputatious nature to good use. 


No comments:

Post a Comment