Tuesday, December 10, 2019

DeMartini Temple Night


Early in the year, I found a small repository of Italian vital records, and discovered the marriage record of my great-great-grandparents.  The discovery of this particular record opened up a new line of searching I have been unable to find previously, and I found my great-great-great-grandparents as well as their additional children, and some of their children.  It was all terribly exciting and I worked feverishly for several weeks gathering names.  Then, through the year, we have been doing their temple work.  Brandt has done baptisms, and Kent and I have worked through initiatory and endowments. 

Tonight, we had a culminating sealing session with my mom and siblings.  I brought all these families and we were able to seal them.  The recent change in policy of how sealings can be done, with multiple children around the alter at the same time, is absolutely fantastic.  It makes the uniting of families, children to parents, so visually powerful.  I loved it!  The spirit was strong and I was so happy to be with my family uniting our family.  Being a savior on Mount Zion is truly wonderful work!

No comments:

Post a Comment