Friday, December 27, 2019

National Card Playing Day

Brandt announced this morning, "Today is National Card Playing Day."  I love playing cards, Mikayla and Mom love playing cards, Christopher loves playing cards.  I sent them all a text and said, "Come over and play cards." 

Mikayla and Mom came over shortly thereafter.  Mom brought fixings for lunch, and we talked and laughed while we ate.  Mikayla also read the rules of a new card game from Italy.  Our (Kent and mine) niece, Makenna (Seth's wife), served a mission in Italy. When I first met her, we talked about how I'm Italian, and she said, "Oh! We should play Briscola together."  I'd never even heard of Briscola, which is probably sad.

I mentioned this to Mikayla and she ordered a pack of cards, which is different from regular face cards. Mikayla, Mom, and I got together today to try to figure out how to play. I'm not sure we really got it, but we played. Mom didn't love it, Mikayla and I sort of got it.  The Pugmires asked if we had played Scopa which they play all the time. We'll have to try that next. 


No comments:

Post a Comment