Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Impulse Buying

Today I invited Cora and Kal to come run some errands with me and Grandma Sue.  Cora always wants to get out of her house, so she came readily along, and Kal loves me and always wants to be with me, so he was happy to come, too.  We went to IFA to buy some birdfood, a new shovel, and an edger/weed whacker.  While all those are good things to buy, Cora had her eye on this very spiffy riding lawn mower.  "Look Grantie Kake!" she said.  "I driving!"  Who wouldn't want a bright yellow riding lawn mower, whatever the size of your yard?  I certainly did.  And if that price tag that says $299.99 was for the one Cora's sitting on, I would have bought it in a minute.  But it's not.  Sadly, Cora had to be content to NOT buy this cool thing she was driving, and settle for a weed whacker.  She was comforted by the baby chicks we oohed and aahed over, but I didn't get a picture of this sweet girl, or Kal, with the sweet little animals because you weren't supposed to touch any of the animals, and I had to devote all my time to keeping little fingers away from little creatures.  I'm happy to report, I didn't buy any of those, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment