Friday, April 5, 2019

Mission Reunion

Tonight I had a mission reunion. It's been 25 years since my mission president and his wife finished, and that's what we were celebrating. I was hopeful that I would see lots of people I served with. I did see some, but only one of my actual companions, Soeur Shirah. She took off, claiming she was tired of being a missionary and wanted to see the Alps, leaving me alone in the train station. It was memorable. We didn't really bond or have a great month together, so we didn't have much to say to one another. But I saw a number of elders I really liked, Elders Chipman, Snow, and Taylor, and I did visit with lots of sisters I knew but didn't serve with. 

Both President and Soeur Cobb spoke, as well as a couple from Switzerland who were baptized during the Cobbs time there, and who were here in Utah visiting for conference.  They both bore their testimonies, and it was wonderful to feel their faith and spirit.  I was so glad to see the Cobbs and chat briefly.  President Cobb is a sealer in the Bountiful Temple, and I think it would be wonderful to go be in a sealing session with him.

I really liked my mission.  I loved the people I met, most of my companions, the beautiful countries I served in.  It was hard--I remember that clearly.  But I'm so glad I went and formed bonds that have lasted more than two decades. 

I didn't take many pictures.  Had I been able to see more of my companions, I probably would have taken more pictures.  Oh well.

Soeur DeMartini et President Cobb

These are all the missionaries who attended along with the Cobbs and the Swiss couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment