Saturday, April 20, 2019

Marvel Universe


This evening, I finished watching the last Marvel movie.  Brandt is a HUGE fan of all things Marvel, and can hardly wait for the final Avenger movie, Endgame to come out next week.  I'd seen four of the movies, not in order, and haven't understood everything that Brandt talks about.  I've felt like I needed to see the movies so I could get it, whatever the IT was that Brandt was sharing.  So when he had the flu last month, I suggested we have a Marvel movie marathon.  This appealed to him, and we started watching where I needed to fill in gaps.  We watched three, but I was still behind.  Really behind.  This past week, I've made a big push to get caught up and watched eight movies in eight days.  I even had two two-movie days.  That was a bit much!  But this evening, we watched Infinity War, bringing me up to date.  I will admit that I didn't watch Hulk,  Ironman 3, or Spiderman: Homecoming, mostly because Mikayla said I didn't need to have seen those to have the whole Avengers storyline make sense, but I may go back and see those later.  Certainly Spiderman: Homecoming because a new  Spiderman is coming out, and I'll need to see that one before Spiderman: Far From Home.  So many movies--so little time!  But now, with Brandt, I can say, "Bring on Endgame!!"  And just as an aside, I will add, for no one in particular, that Captain America is the Avenger for me.  He is, as the Apple Store worker says in Captain America: Winter Soldier, a "specimen."  Mmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment