Friday, April 19, 2019

Girls Night Out

Kent and Brandt are away this evening at a young men campout.  I've got pictures of that in another post.  I have been excited to have an evening with just Blythe, and I suggested we do something fun.  Thing was, I made the suggestion after she and Ellen Mason had made some plans, so together, Blythe, Ellen, and I had a girls night  out. 

My idea was to ride the bus up to the mall or downtown and get some dinner and a treat.  There is a relatively new quick bus that you can ride for free, and will drop you off right at the mall or along University Avenue.  After consideration of where we might like to eat, we decided to head to the mall. 

We drove to the football stadium at BYU to get on the bus, and rode two stops to the mall.  The girls played the "weird car" game, where you look for people in their cars doing weird things.  Makes me aware of what I do in the car, thinking I am alone, when in reality, some goofy kid may be watching me.  We didn't go far enough for it to really be all that fun.  We walked to PF Chang's for dinner.  The girls made relatively civil conversation, we had a lovely meal, and I think they both felt grown up.  Blythe jiggled through dinner, "dancing" in her chair to the music playing through the restaurant. 

When dinner was finished, we walked across the street to Yogurtland for dessert.  That place is hopping on a Friday night!  We walked back to the bus stop and after a brief wait, rode back two stops.  The girls did aisle surfing, competed to see who could stand on just one foot the longest as the bus was in motion, and rode in the middle, jointed part of the bus.  The two stops were not long enough.  We should have gotten our treat downtown, which I had initially thought of doing, because then we could have been on the bus longer.  But the girls wanted to watch a movie before Ellen had to go home, so two stops it was. 

We had a great time.  I hope the boys are having fun, too.


Sadly, this picture is marred by a badly placed cup of water with straw.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment