Thursday, May 16, 2019

Morning Activities

It was a wonderful morning.  It started early as I went for a bike ride.  I was alone today because Maureen is out of town, and so I rode up the canyon, just to Vivian Park.  The sun was coming out, it was cool but not cold, and I was full of a feeling of contentment and gratitude for a body that works well and is healthy.

I stopped to take this picture as I was biking up the canyon.
As I pedaled along, I had two songs of very different genres running through my head.
The first: 
"Oooooooooh what a beautiful morning! Oh what a beautiful day!
I've got a beautiful feeling everything's going my way."
--Rogers and Hammerstein

The second:
"Bicycle! Bicycle! I want to ride my bicycle! I want to ride my bike!
I want to ride my bicycle! I want to ride it where I like!"
--Queen

Today was Brick's kindergarten graduation.  The program was the same as it was when both Brandt and Blythe finished up their first year of school, but it's sweet and not too long, with song and dance and short speaking parts, so why mess with it?  Brick was nervous to perform, but he did well, dancing with a girl in his class, sharing that he learned to count to 100 during kindergarten, and he sang beautifully.  It has been fun to walk him to and from school practically every day since the twins were born.  I just think he's a great kid.

Ready to dance

Waiting to sing

Proud parents with No. 1 Son

While the graduation "ceremony" was going on, I was wrangling Cora and Kal.  I wanted Mikayla and Guy to be able to watch the proceedings without interruption, so I followed the other kids around.  Kal kept trying to bolt, but I was doing a pretty good job of corralling him.  However, as the end of the program was nearing, Kal was done and tired and ready for a nap.  He and I left early to go home so I could put him down.  We were afoot, so I carried Kal most of the way home, just to keep him headed in the right direction.  I did put him down as we entered the condos, and he wanted to walk across a grate near the sidewalk.  He and Cora do this all the time.  But then he saw some pine cones and wanted to put the pine cones down the grate.  We were there for eight or nine pine cones before I picked him up and got him really home.  He makes me laugh every time we are together. 



It was a lovely morning and I am glad for all the activities.



No comments:

Post a Comment