Sunday, May 26, 2019

Memorial Day Weekend, Part 2

Early evening, after dinner, we went up to East Lawn to visit loved ones who are there.  We met most of the DeMartinis by Dad, Grandma Hare, and Jeffrey.  It's always a pleasure to sit under the trees and remember, to laugh and cry a bit.  I miss my dad.  The empty space that he filled looms large, and I am so grateful for my testimony of the resurrection and the afterlife.  I know Dad is busy doing good things, I just wish he were still here, busy doing good things.  And I miss George and Merlynn.  They, too, are busy doing good things.  They were anxiously engaged in a good cause during mortality, so no question they are at it in heaven.  John, too.  It always feels like it was too soon for John.  He was too young.  We must trust that God's timing is always best, even when it's super hard.  It was nice to be at the cemetery.  It was busy with lots of other people honoring their people, but it was peaceful and wonderful to be with family.





My beauty with one of Mikayla's beauties.

I'm dispersing kisses left and right.







We ran into Kent's cousin Wendy when we were at George and Merlynn's grave.
She took our picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment