Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Cake Making with Kake

Cora and Brick came over today.  As usual, Cora wanted to not be at home.  Every time she sees me and we are together, she says, "Kake, I go your house? Pleeeeeeeeeease!"  Today I said yes, and they came over to play.  

One of the kids wanted to make a cake.  Cake with Kake?  Does it get any better than that?  Probably not.  I had them help me put in ingredients, turn on the mixer, and then lick the beater and spatula when the cake was finally in the oven.  Then we decorated.  We made round cakes so they could take one home and we could eat one here.  While I wanted them to have free reign on the decorating, I also didn't want to send them home with sprinkles with a bit of cake, so I did regulate a bit.  But they had a good time, and the end product was tasty enough to eat.

While it baked, we played Junior Monopoly.  Both Cora and Brick love to play games, and Brandt is always game for a game.  The rules were a bit loose for Cora who really just wanted to play with her cat, but we can be flexible.  Cake and Monopoly--we sure know how to have a good time.






Blythe, also home sick and trying not to spread her germs,
decorated our cake.
Isn't that a cute smiling face?
Blythe's too!




No comments:

Post a Comment