Friday, May 31, 2019

Blythe's Birthday Party

Blythe's birthday is not actually until next week, June 5th, but she will be at fifth grade camp on her actual birthday, so we had a party for her today.  I told her she couldn't get out of control, so she opted for pedicures and frozen yogurt, both of which seemed reasonable to me.  I made an appointment at the nail salon I frequent, and told Blythe she couldn't invite more than four girls because we wouldn't be able to squeeze more than that into the car.  Even with four extra, that made six people in the car, so they had to squish in the backseat.  Blythe invited Lizzy Jensen, Addie Lepinski, and Lilly and Emma Bradford. 

At the salon, the girls were given a mini sort of pedicure, without hot rocks and all the attention they give to older, better paying customers.  The mini-pedi saved me quite a bit of money, for which I was grateful.  The girls talked as they had their nails done, and were all delighted with the results. 


 





Blythe chose sparkly bright green polish which looks practically magical.
I'm sure it can make her feet do amazing things.


I had thought to go right around the corner to get frozen yogurt at Yogurtland, but they didn't open until noon, and it was only just eleven when we finished.  We couldn't wait.  We went across University Parkway to the mall, still hoping to find frozen yogurt with fun toppings, but were disappointed in the offerings.  We ended up at Cold Stone where there were lots of ice cream flavors, lots of add-ins, and everyone could make their own treat.  It was a hit!

Looking for ice cream.

Eating ice cream.

We returned home after ice cream, Blythe opened her presents, and everyone went home.  It was an easy party to put together, as my effort meant driving and paying, but felt more grown up than previous birthday parties.  I suppose, now that she's turning eleven, Blythe feels a bit grown up, too.  Here's to another year!


No comments:

Post a Comment