Thursday, December 14, 2017

Where My Treasure Is

Today is #LightTheWorld day 14.  I've done another post all about my Light the World efforts, but I wanted to write a bit more extensively about today as the theme is Matthew 6:21  "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." 

I spent the day with those I treasure. Brandt and Blythe had their Christmas concert, today, Brandt's last of elementary school (sob sob!). They both sang very well, funny songs.  Brandt sang The Twelve Days After Christmas and a hot chocolate song, and Blythe sang Hot Cup of Cocoa and Somewhere in My Memory from Home Alone.  Both did actions and were engaging to watch, though Brandt seemed a bit subdued.  Although we had great seats, I didn't film them because my phone was dying and holding the big camera aloft gets heavy and then jiggles.  So I just sat and watched and listened.  As I watched them, my heart swelled with love for them, my eyes filled with tears, and I thought, "I'm going to cry while the kids sing about hot chocolate. How embarrassing. I must really be in the Christmas spirit."  Sitting next to Kent as we listened, I realized my most treasured people were right there with me. And 500 other people there to see their treasures.  I don't think I was particularly moved by the songs they sang, but more by seeing how they've grown, how confident Blythe is and how unassuming Brandt is, how calm they both were, and how much I like them.  It was a sweet moment.  
 


















As soon as the concert was over, I dashed over to the church for our annual Relief Society Christmas lunch and dinner.  Over the course of the afternoon, I got to be with 60 of my Relief Society sisters.  The theme was "Come Let Us Adore Him," and the Primary room was beautifully decorated with nativity sets sisters brought to share, sweet images of the birth of Christ.  The weekday activity committee had made a little baby Jesus in a manger for each sister to take.  I know the whole activity was a tremendous amount of work, but we all agreed it was totally worth it.  I was able to visit with the wonderful women of the ward and enjoy their friendship and spirit. I'm so blessed to be able to serve them and with them and be uplifted by our association.  I was touched as I watched sisters arriving together, talking animatedly, and enjoying being together.  It was obvious everyone was having a marvelous time.  Food was delicious, too.  Getting to be with my family treasures and then with my ward treasures made the day extra special.








Maureen Ogles, Stacie Mason, McKenzie Drake, Peggy Worthen, Stephanie Magleby, 
Charleen Doman, Angela Richards 

Rosemary Wilson, DeNeece Tueller, Carol Skeeles, Middie Magleby, Norma Bridge,
JaNeal Bradford, Diane Seckler

 Kimberly Roy's mom, Kimberly, Kathryn Seamons, Charlene Strong, Margaret Bench, 
Clarice Jensen, Karen Jensen

Rose Mary Lindberg, Analyn Smith holding Hannah Drake, Jennifer McClurg, Deborah Sheets

I really wanted a picture of the committee, me and my counselors, and the evening groups,
but I forgot to take anymore pictures after these few I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment