Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Generosity

At school, there is a food bank drive as well as Quarters for Christmas going on.  The children have been encouraged to bring in food and spare change to help those in our community who are in need.  Today Brandt took a sizable donation of his own money to contribute to Quarters for Christmas.  It was waaaaaaaaaaaay more than a few quarters.  He did this on his own initiative with no prompting from me or Kent.  I went to the store yesterday and purchased some of the items most needed by the food bank so Brandt and Blythe could take in something, but the monetary contribution came solely from Brandt.  

Kent said to him, "You know Brandt, you don't have to give so much."

"But Dad," he replied, "I have so much and there are kids who don't have anything.  I can share."

I love that our boy has a soft and kind heart, that he is compassionate and caring and willing to share.  He is still young, but he is aware of others and empathetic in a way that far surpasses his years.  I hope he always continues to see others and their needs and do what he can to make the world a better, kinder place.

No comments:

Post a Comment