Friday, December 9, 2016

Field Trip Friday #72--Classic Skating

Brandt walked home with Paul Moreland today.  They like being together.  Shortly after school got out, Michelle texted me and asked if Brandt could go with them to Classic Skating to jump and skate.  I readily agreed and then chatted with Blythe about what she wanted to do.  She had nothing as none of her friends could play, so I suggested we go to Classic Skating and meet up with Brandt and the Morelands.  It is Friday, after all, and we haven't had a field trip in some time.  She agreed, once I convinced her that Heidi Moreland would be there to be with.

I think we all had a good time.  Heidi wanted to start skating, so while Michelle kept an eye on the boys while they jumped and climbed, I took the girls in skating.  Blythe still isn't very good, so I helped her a bit then got her a skate support so she could go around on her own, trying to figure it all out.  It's hard to work out balance and forward motion on wheels strapped to your feet, and Blythe complained a bit.  But after many times around, she was finally figuring it out.  By the time we had to leave, she was skating on her own, moving her feet, and looking good.  We should go back tomorrow to practice some more and create additional neural pathways.  It would help Brandt, too, who wasn't really getting it.  He wanted me to push him around as he held on to the support structure and didn't move his feel.  Makes me wonder how important a life skill roller skating is.






No comments:

Post a Comment