Thursday, December 15, 2016

Christmas Concerts

Today was the children's Christmas concerts.  They have been practicing at school and singing snippets of their songs over the past several weeks.  I like seeing the children sing; the concerts are fun, both Brandt and Blythe sing with confidence, and it feels very festive to be there.  We have to go to two separate concerts as they divide the grades up so as not to have too many parents in the gym, but listening to them sing is worth it.  The fifth graders sang "I Don't Want Any Part of Mistletoe," and "That's Christmas to Me", while the third graders sang "Let It Be Christmas" and the ever popular "Noel" with the many verses featuring words that sound like Noel like "no well," "white whale," "learn to spell," and others.  So fun! 



















In the doorway of my kitchen you might get an awful itchin'
To give somebody a big holiday smooch!
For if you would look above your head, you'd see the green and white and red,
and put that little plant (gulp) to use.
It's a fearsome old tradition in the doorway of my kitchen,
and there's hardly anyone who can escape! (“Let me out of here!”)
If you stand inside the doorway, someone's bound to make it your way,
and unless you duck real fast... (Smack....”Oh too late!”)

I want no part of this holiday kissing! I know just what I'm missing and it's fine!
When my uncle kissed his fiancee I thought they would be there all day!
I don't know who invented mistletoe! No! No! No! No! No! No!
I don't want any part of mistletoe!

Well Aunt Bertha nearly drowned me when she put her arms around
And said: “Fancy that! Why, there's the mistletoe!”
It was most unpleasant, but I knew she had my present,
so I let her kiss me while I held my nose!

I want no part of this holiday kissing! I know just what I'm missing and it's fine!
I don't want a smooch or kiss or peck, not on my cheek or face or neck!
I don't want any part of mistletoe No! No! No! No! No! No!
I don't want any part of mistletoe! (“Get this”)

Once, the kid across the street came to our house for a treat,
hoping for a cookie or some pie.
In the doorway he was standing, when old Rover made a landing,
and licked that kid until I'd thought he'd die!

I want no part of this holiday kissing! I know just what I'm missing and it's F-I-N-E fine!
From Aunt Bertha to Rover, when will kissing time be over?
I don't see any use for mistletoe! No! No! No! No! No! No!
I don't.... “Well, maybe... Nah.”

I don't want any part of mistletoe! (Smooch, Yuk!)

No comments:

Post a Comment