Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Sledding

We've been waiting and waiting and waiting for the snow so we can go sledding.  Brandt especially has wanted to go, asking every other day when it was going to snow.  Having no control over the weather, I commiserated with him, but nothing more.  This morning, when I woke to go to spin, there was snow falling, and it was sticking to the ground.  I knew today would be the day.

When we had put ourselves together and did a bit of Christmas Eve prep, we loaded up sleds and went up to Rock Canyon park.  It really is so great to have the Rock Canyon bowl so close.  The hill is steep enough to make sledding fun, but not so long that the hike back up is terrible.  Turns out there wasn't an abundance of snow, but enough for the kids.  They sledded a bunch while I took pictures, though I did go down a couple of times.  Blythe's kindergarten teacher, Ann Bigelow, was there with her two youngest boys, and she and I talked while the kids did their thing.  We both gamely did trains with respective children, and came home for hot cocoa.  Hurrah! for winter sports.










Coming down the hill backward.




There was a mid-hill collision.
I won't say it was accidental cuz it wasn't.







 


No comments:

Post a Comment