Friday, December 18, 2015

Field Trip Friday #50--The Force Awakens

Star Wars today for Field Trip Friday.  Since we saw the first preview of the new movie, Brandt has been counting down the months to December and then the days to the opening.  He has been so excited, and his enthusiasm has spread to Blythe and me.  Last night, Kent and I went to a preview showing so that we would know if there was anything the kids couldn't watch (it's rated PG-13).  We went to the Scera theater, seat capacity 750, and every seat was taken.  We liked it.  It was funny and reminiscent of the first three movies (episodes 4, 5, and 6), and we came away knowing Brandt was going to LOVE it!

Today, I can say, Brandt did, indeed, LOVE it!  We took his friend Izaiah Wilson, and they were both so pumped up after the movie they were literally bouncing around in the back of the car.  Blythe liked it, too.  It helped that the main character was a woman who could fly a space ship (the Millennium Falcon), fight with a big stick, and use a lightsaber.  I'm certain we'll see it again.

The woman who I asked to take our picture obviously didn't know what she was doing.
She took seven pictures and this was the only one even slightly in focus.
I've got Leia buns, but you can't tell because of the poster behind me.




No comments:

Post a Comment