Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Bored, Bored, Bored

What to do when the children come to you on the second day of Christmas vacation complaining that they are bored and there is nothing to do?  Have them wrap presents.  Takes quite a bit of time, and takes care of a job I would have to do.  While I vacuumed and mopped (oh boy! what fun!), they wrapped.  I got lots done today, and so did Brandt and Blythe.

Although Brandt is shirtless, he does have pants on.

In addition to vacuuming and mopping, I finally got some framed art hung on the stairwell walls.  I've had a bunch of the kids artwork hanging around, and I've wanted to display it somewhere.  In August, we made a stop at Ikea and bought some frames, and I intended to hang the pictures quickly.  I ran out of time the day I got the art framed, and so I set all the frames on the landing at the bottom of the stairs.  There is has remained until today.  I finally got the hammer and nails, and I started hanging.  I think I have been hung up in the hanging up by the idea that I had to measure and get everything even and have it look perfect.  I wanted to vacuum and mop the stairs today, and I was tired of the frames falling over, so I just got the pictures on the walls.  I love the way it looks and wonder why it took so long.  Dumb.  The kids really like seeing their work displayed too, and it add interest to the previously blank walls.  I do need to paint the entry, stairwell, and upstairs hallway, but in the meantime, we'll enjoy the art.  Unfortunately, two small frames fell off the walls as I was hammering in others, so I need to get more frames, but I've taped the pictures where they go and I'll get frames the next time I'm in Salt Lake.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment