Thursday, December 10, 2015

Fourth Grade Ski Trip

Today Brandt got to go skiing for the first time ever.  The fourth graders had a field trip, complete with ski rental, a lesson, and practice runs.  They left school first thing in the morning and spent most of the day at Sundance.  In Brandt's own words, here is a recap of the day.

It was awesome! We went up to Sundance.  We got fitted with our boots and skis.  It was my first time so we just had a lesson and started out with the basics.  I learned how to do pizza (snowplowing to stop) and french fries, and then went up a two cable.  I fell the first time on the two cable, but then I figured it out and didn't fall again.  I had my arms in too close to my chest rather than out straight, but after the first time, I got it.  We would go up the tow cable and then zoom on down.  We didn't use poles and I didn't fall too many times.  We just kept going up and coming down.  We had lunch at Sundance and then came home.  It was good.

This is Katherine again.  I think for a first experience, it was great.  Brandt returned from the day feeling like he'd done well.  I asked if he wanted me to sign him up for ski club through the school for January and February (they go every other week for five times), but he wasn't interested in doing that.  For some reason, I have been feeling like I need to learn how to ski, so maybe I'll sign up all (well, me and the kids) up for a ski class through the rec center.  I do plan on taking the kids cross country skiing for a field trip Friday in the next couple of months, so maybe that will suffice.  Whatever happens, I'm glad Brandt had a good first experience.  Hooray for fourth grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment