Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Photographic Discovery

I got a new camera and recently gave the kids permission to use the old point and shoot.  The other day, Brandt brought it to me and said he had been trying to make a video, and it said there wasn't enough memory.  I took the camera and transferred pictures to the computer.  This is what I discovered.  There were 285 pictures and 42 videos.  The videos were mostly made by Brandt and friends of Lego action figures interacting or Lego constructions being "blown up" by other flying Lego bits.  All highly dramatic and utterly fascinating.  Two of the videos were from the BYU football game we attended together, video which Brandt took so he could show Blythe when we got home.  One of the videos was just over one minute, the other was seven minutes.  Both were shaky enough to induce nausea and vomiting.  I know.  The one I watched, though only one minute long, made me queasy.  Blythe never saw either of them.

Of the pictures, this is what I found.  They lead me to believe that Brandt does not have a future in photography/film.

14 Brandt selfies, 4 so blurry he was almost unrecognizable.


9 pictures of the upstairs hallway.


1 picture of Brandt taken by someone else, likely Blythe.


5 pictures of bits of Kent.


8 pictures of Blythe's floor/room, not at its most tidy.


3 pictures of Brandt's room/floor; tidier than Blythe's.


14 pictures of blurry, indistinguishable things.


5 pictures of friends who came over.  Jarom looks like he stopped by to do some reading.  I think, in reality, he was helping make some of the 42 Lego videos.  And reading.

  

7 pictures of Blythe eating yogurt,


And 3 of her doing other things, including climbing a tree in a dress.


29 pictures of Lego horses on the red couch.  I think they were part of a movie making venture.


8 pictures of this Lego construction on the red couch.  Presumably more movie making.


30 pictures of this Lego guy "walking" across the board.  Another exciting movie.


10 pictures of the Lego guy biking across the same blue board.  He was tired of walking.


20 pictures of this Lego construction.  This might be a Blythe creation.


12 pictures of this Lego vehicle and driver.  If he was moving forward in movie style, it was hard to tell.

9 pictures of floors/walls of various rooms in the house, other than the kids' rooms.


1 picture of me doing something on my phone.


2 extremely blurry pictures of Brandt and me, perhaps taken just after the above picture.


2 pictures of legs.  I'm not sure whose.


46 pictures of a library book, Pyramids.  That might be as many pictures as it has pages.


43 pictures of a Lego action figure walking across a different board set on the table.  If you looked at them really fast, one right after the other, it does look like he's walking.  


2 pictures from the BYU football game.


2 very blurry pictures of me singing/yelling/preparing to shove something in my mouth?


4 pictures of the back of Brandt's head, obviously not taken by Brandt.


No comments:

Post a Comment