Monday, December 29, 2014

Parental Advice

For Christmas, Christopher and Tysen gave us Family Talk.  It is cards with 100 questions you can ask each other and thus be a bit more engaged in conversation.  We pulled them out tonight and began asking and answering questions.  We each took a turn asking a question, but everyone answered.

The question that stuck out to me most today was "What is one of the most important things your parents taught you?  Have you practiced this?"  I loved the children's answers.

Brandt said, "Keep your body clean."

Blythe said, "Be kind to others."

Considering the personalities of my kids and the challenges they face, I thought these were wonderfully insightful and pertinent.  Brandt needs to keep his body clean and Blythe needs to be kind to others, and I was glad the message is getting through for both of them.  And here's hoping for a bit more practice from both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment