Saturday, December 6, 2014

A Celebration of Christmas

This afternoon Kent and I attended A Celebration of Christmas, the annual concert at BYU featuring the Choirs and the Philharmonic Orchestra.  I love going to this concert because I feel like it sets the mood for the season.  It is always the first Saturday of December, and, generally, I like the music.  This year I can say that the music was fantastic.  The selections were great and the choirs sang beautifully, as always.  The Philharmonic did selections from The Nutcracker and the ever popular Sleigh Ride by Leroy Anderson.  Kory Katseanes, the conductor, said he thought they might to something different this year, but he nearly had a full-blown riot on his hands, so he ceded to popular vote and stuck with it.  We also did a group sing of Handel's Hallelujah from Messiah.  It has been years since I sang that with a big group.  It was fabulous!  Also, before and after the concert, the Men's Chorus sang a song Come, Lord Jesus in the gallery of the HFAC.  It sounded like they were singing in a cathedral.  The sound reverberated through the building.  It was really marvelous.

In attendance with me and Kent were Eugene and Sharae, Tysen and Ava (Christopher didn't come because my mom didn't come and he felt he didn't need to be there to support her), Guy and Mikayla, Aunt Georgianne and Uncle Lauren, Laurel, and Kathy.  Fun to be together for such a wonderful Christmas concert.

No pictures.  Just enjoyed being with Kent and others.

Note to self: buy a CD of this year's concert next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment