Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Pie and Field Trip Friday #17

It was pie making day today, and I was at it literally all day.  Mom and Mikayla came over to help, bringing along Donovan and Brick respectively, and we worked from about 9am until well after the kids got home.  We finished up about 3pm.  All told, we made 15 apple pies and 16 jumbleberry ones.  Mom took home eight, Mikayla took home two (not four like I had thought), and the rest were for me.  For Christmas, we give our home and visiting teachers and teachees a pie, plus a few extra special friends who are deemed worthy of the time and effort it takes to make a pie.  And then, because we don't have enough room in the freezers, for field trip Friday, we went delivering pie.  I wanted the kids to come to the doors with me and sing "We wish you a merry Christmas," but they wouldn't get out of the car.  They came along for the ride, but that was it.  I'm not sure that really counts as a field trip, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  Not every activity can be wonderful, wonderful.  The kitchen was a disaster, but Kent was good about helping clean up when he got home from work.  At the end of the day, my ankles are sore from being on my feet all day, but I'm tremendously satisfied with our efforts and am confident the pie is delicious.  In fact, I know it is.  Heidi invited me and Maureen to come over and play cards this evening and she baked her pie so we could enjoy a piece.  Jumbleberry.  MMMMM, yummy delish!  


Deliveries

1 comment:

  1. Correction...I only took home TWO pies, not four! ha ha

    ReplyDelete