Monday, December 1, 2014

O Christmas Tree

I took Brandt and Blythe to get the Christmas tree today after school.  It was warm and light, and the first of December, so time to get the tree up.  In addition, it is Monday and I thought we could decorate the tree for family home evening.

Somehow, we ended up selecting an incredibly tall tree--tall and skinny, just the way I like them.  I like there to be space between the branches to you can see the ornaments, and that means they have to be sort of skimpy.  We had selected a tree that was beautiful, but it was too full, so I selected another which, though taller, was less money.  We tied it to the roof and brought it home, and then I discovered that it was so tall, it hit the ceiling and then some.  I had to cut off 18 inches, and it was still farther into the family room than I had hoped.

The tree is beautiful, and we had a wonderful time decorating.  We needed a ladder, but the kids didn't mind climbing to hang ornaments at all.  We turned on Christmas music and danced and sang as we decorated.  I decided that we needed to use some of the vintage ornaments I haven't used, fearing they would get broken.  However, if I never use them, we'll never enjoy them, and all that is silly.  So we hung them up, and if they get broken, they get broken.  I love the way the tree looks and will enjoy it all month.



Tree selection.

Somehow the tree looked shorter when we were picking it out.
I think the sun must have been in my eyes as I looked up at its loftiness.
I had to cut off 18 inches for it not to be in the middle of the family room.
 


 
 

 
My favorite Santa ornament.
The Westerbergs gave it to us, as a representation of Dad, our very own Santa.
The red ball with the blue inside is a vintage ornament from Grandma Barnes.

These felt ornaments were made by Grandma Barnes.
I love them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment