Friday, December 26, 2014

Boxing Day Sledding

We got the kids new sleds for Christmas (on sale at Costco).  I hid them under our bed, but the children found them while looking for pith helmets.  They didn't immediately tell us they had found them, but I found the pith helmets out and knew they had to have been under the bed.  I asked them about it and they confessed they had seen them, but then begged, "Don't take them back! Don't take them back!"  Every year I threaten to return any gift they see before Christmas which keeps them from hunting around, but Blythe argued that they weren't actually looking for presents, and I shouldn't have left them where they would find them.  Never mind they were in our room when they shouldn't have been.

Anyway.  I didn't take them back, and with all the snow we got on Christmas, I was as excited to go sledding as the kids.  Even more excited than Blythe who got an invitation to go down the street and play with Ellen and went there instead of coming sledding.  We didn't let her absence deter us in any way, however, and went without her.

Kent, Brandt, and I had a marvelous time.  We went up to Rock Canyon park and were not the only ones there.  The hills were all well slid, with grassy patches all over.  Still, we didn't let that deter us either.  We sledded lots and lots, all of us taking turns or coming down together.  It was cold but exhilarating and so, so fun.  We had a great time with the hundreds of other people at the park too.









I love this one.







I love this one too.






No comments:

Post a Comment