Sunday, December 7, 2014

Gingerbread Houses

For several weeks the children have been asking if we could do gingerbread houses.  They actually asked if we could do gingerbread trains, but I didn't find those in a package, so they had to be content with houses.  I got the kits with the pre-made houses, mostly because it is such a pain to have to wait for the frosting to dry before decorating; the children don't have the patience for it (and neither do I).  So this week, I bought houses when I went to Costco, and this afternoon, in the calm and "boring" of Sunday afternoon, we decorated.

Both Brandt and Blythe have trouble with the frosting, so I sat between them, dabbing on frosting where they needed it.  They would stick one or two on and then eat one or two.  In the end, I think they were both pleased with the result and happy we did them.  And by the end of the evening, Blythe had not only eaten all the candy off hers, but had demolished it too.  It was fun while it lasted.












End of the day sad remainders.

No comments:

Post a Comment