Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Helicopters

Brick makes a regular appearance on my blog because he makes a regular appearance in my life.  Mikayla is still not walking without crutches (only one week to go!), so I continue to help her out.  Today she had physical therapy which is in a building just next to the helicopter pad at the hospital.  Brick loves the helicopters and talks about them every time we go by.  Today, just as we pulled up to wait for Mikayla, one of the helicopters moved from one landing pad to another.  It wasn't a great distance, but it was noisy and the helicopter was in motion, and Brick was delighted.  As we watched, the second helicopter arrived with a patient and we got to see that one fly in and land and unload. 

Brick was standing in my lap watching intently and talking non-stop about it, and one of the pilots saw him.  He motioned for us to come over and check out the helicopter, so I scooped Brick up and we went to see.  We walked all around looking at the outside, but Brick kept saying, "I get in? I fly copter?"  Again, the very kind pilot gestured for us to come closer and he lifted Brick right into the pilot's chair and showed him the control lever.  Brick was so excited.  He moved the lever around saying, "I fly, Tate!" (I'm Tate, which is Kate, without a K sound.)  I snapped a picture as his mother was calling wondering where we were.  He talked about the copter and his flying all the way home, and then told Guy all about it when he got home, too.  



No comments:

Post a Comment