Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Spring Salon--in the Summer

Since April, Kent and I have wanted to go see the Spring Salon at the Springville Art Museum.  We have put it on the schedule, only to have it displaced by other, more pressing things.  But the show ends Friday, and if we wanted to see it, we needed to go.  So tonight we did.  On Wednesdays, the museum is having what they are calling "Art Buffet," a come-and-make-your-own-art table for kids and grown-ups alike.  While the kids made flowers, Kent and I wandered around and looked at art.  Blythe wanted to make sure I was within viewing distance, and she wanted help (both unnecessary), so I looked at art in two adjoining galleries.  There was some pretty fun stuff this year.  Kent and I always play "Which piece of art should we buy?" just to see if we agree on anything.  This year, we didn't.

Flower creation

On the bottom floor of the museum, there is a super fun "Family Vacation" exhibit, hearkening back to family travel in the 60s.  This exhibit was geared towards children and had lots of interactive activities.  Unfortunately, my camera battery died so I got all of two pictures.  I probably would have taken 10 or so.  There was a little diner with menus and food, a "find the price" of common items 50 years ago board, and a photo booth with Delicate Arch as the backdrop.  The kids were delighted with the diner and served us meal after meal.  We took a picture of us in front of the arch, but it was with Kent's phone and it didn't really turn out.  It was a fun evening.

I got the two leg drumstick chicken dinner, and Kent got the pizza/hotdog/chips meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment