Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Happy Birthday Grandpa De!

It's my dad's birthday today.  He would have been 67.  I thought about him this morning, and in the early afternoon, while talking to Mikayla, we chatted about him.  She told me she was planning on going up to the cemetery to celebrate his birthday with balloons (for messages to him) and donuts, because he liked a good donut.  I asked is we could join her, and in the end, most of the family met at the cemetery to be together.

It was sad.  We cried a lot.  But we sent out messages of love heavenward and ate donuts and watched the kids play together as we sat and visited.  I wish Cora could tell us what Dad has been up to since he left us.  She was just with him, and knowing what he was up to would make it less painful.  I think.  I'm not sure it's ever going to be not painful.  It was certainly nice to be together.





 
Lyla was really into her pink frosted donut.

I'm not sure which of these is better.



No comments:

Post a Comment